FROM MUTUAL OF OMAHA…
We are pleased to announce that we will be changing our temporary guideline changes effective August 1, 2022. These guidelines apply to all fully underwritten life insurance cases and includes all newly submitted and pending in-house cases, whether formal or informal.
Acceptance Guidelines Based on Insured’s Issue Age:
- We will now accept applications for clients through age 79 and up to table 6
- If the client is age 80 and above all cases will be temporarily postponed
Fit Underwriting Program
- We will be reinstating the FIT underwriting program for individuals through age 75 and through Table 4
Positive COVID Testing
If the applicant has tested positive for COVID-19 at the time of the application, we will postpone the application for 30 days.
- After 30 days if there are no further symptoms, we will process the application as normal and there will be no need for a negative test
- If the applicant is hospitalized, we will postpone the application for a minimum of 90 days and symptoms must be resolved with no further care or residual effects
Applicants with a history of COVID-19, will be required to provide a Statement of Good Health upon delivery otherwise we will return to our pre-COVID guidance for Statement of Good Health.
For Express Products
- If the client admits to a positive COVID Test, we will postpone the case for 30 days in lieu of the previous temporary guideline of 90 days.
Find out more about these changes from Mutual of Omaha…